Friday, August 12, 2011

Change Keeps Coming

This has not been a "typical" summer--there have been no trips to the lake (in fact no trips at all) and I've only been to the pool twice. We have barely been outside, which makes me so sad.  I've only put sunscreen on Robbie a handful of times and when I did it was so he could go to the pool with Aunt Sissy.  I guess that is life with a newborn in the middle of a heat wave.

What this summer has been, is a Summer of Change: we've added a new little boy to our life, Robbie started school, I went back to work at more hours than I was at before Sam, and now---WE ARE MOVING!

After 8 months listed with an agent, 6 weeks off the market and 2 weeks as For Sale by Owner-we finally sold our house. Rob and I are both shocked it finally sold and starting to stress over all that needs to be done in the next few weeks.  We close September 9th, but will move Labor Day weekend--that is only 3 weeks away!  And in that time Rob and I only have 2 days off together and we have Sam's baptism.  It makes my head spin just thinking about it.

Before we put our house on the market, we bought a 1.25 acre lot just outside of Liberty that we are going to build on.  Until the house is done, we are moving in with Rob's brother Michael.  He lived with us, for a little over a year, when we bought our house and now he is returning the favor.  Unfortunately for him, he is getting the short end of the stick, because we are coming with 2 kids and 2 dogs. Sorry, Mike!

I worry about all of this change and how it will be on Robbie.  He seems to be doing pretty good with Sam and is adjusting to school, but I hope he can handle this change just as well.  He is a great kid and they say children are resilient, but I still worry.  I guess I wouldn't be a Mom if I didn't.

1 comment: