Monday, August 29, 2011

Sam's Baptism

This weekend we had Sam baptized; we were lucky enough to share the day with our niece Hanna, so it was a very special day.
Sam being baptized
Rob, Sam and I with Nicki, Zach and Hanna
Sam wore the same outfit that Robbie wore for his baptism; it is also the outfit Rob and his brother, Michael, wore.

A friend of my parents had the cutest shoes made for Sam-they had his name 'Samuel James' embroidered on them.  It was hard to get a good picture, but you get the idea.


Hanna's outfit was special too-it was made from my mother-in-law's wedding gown.  It turned out fantastic.  She looked beautiful.


 Sam's Godparents are Michael and my cousin Katie.  Unfortunately, Katie is living in Norway right now for work, so her mom, my Aunt Beth, stood in for her.  We were so sad she couldn't be here for it and I can't wait for her to meet him sometime over the holidays.


After Mass, we went to my in-laws for a brunch (I love any excuse to throw a party).  It was a truly wonderful day.   Sitting in church today I once again realized how much love we have in our life--we are so blessed to have such wonderful children, friends and family.  I couldn't ask for more.

My boys before mass
With my Grandpa and Grandma Arlene (my Mom's dad)
With my Grandma Carol (my Mom's mom)

My family
With Rob's parents
For anyone that knows my father-in-law you may not recognize him--he's lost 80lbs in the past 4 months! 
He looks great; everyone is so proud of him.

My perfect family

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I really wish I had been there. Love you all and see you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete