Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Fresh Start

There seems to be a theme to our life over the past 6 months-CHANGE.  In staying with that theme, we are both changing jobs this week (why spread it out, we like things as difficult as possible).

Rob started at CVS on Monday.  He liked Price Chopper (where he had been for the past 3.5 years), but the schedule was less than ideal.  He closed 3 nights a week and worked every other weekend.  While you know, as a pharmacist, you will be working hours like that it became a lot after the addition of the second kid.  CVS offered a better schedule, better pay and more vacation-win, win, win!  His first 2 days have gone well, but I think he is a little overwhelmed with new people and a new computer system.  I have no doubt he will catch on quick.

I start with Aetna Rx Home Delivery tomorrow. I have been at KU for 8 years-I started as a 3rd year pharmacy student.  I have cherished my time there and have learned so much, but ultimately decided it was time to move on and take a new challenge.  It is a full-time position (I've been part-time for the past 2 years), so I am a little nervous about that, but it is a very flexible schedule with limited nights and weekends, so I think it will be fine.  Aetna is a mail order pharmacy, so it will be very different than what I have been doing.  I am excited and nervous for the change.  Its weird to think that things I do everyday I won't need to know any more and things I learned in school I will probably have to relearn.  More than anything I will miss the people I worked with everyday at KU-they are a wonderful group of people that I truly enjoyed seeing each day.

All of this change has been stressful, but I have learned one thing--Change is Good.  We don't grow or learn without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment